Sunday, August 14, 2016

Family Surprise - #PASC816



I was lucky enough to have a big family surprise this week. I went to collect my daughter from the train last weekend and found she had brought her brother with her. They both live in a city about an hour and a half's drive away. I was pleased to see them both of course, but then looked up and there was my other son who has been away living in London for two years - remember, I'm in New Zealand and you can't get any further away!
What a surprise!! We managed to spend a few days together before he went off to see other family and friends, but have some more time together later this week.

So....I figured that I could base the August Pick a Stick Challenge (#PASC816) around this.
This is also an entry in Stampotique Designers Challenge 254




Step 1: Ripped up book text
Step 2: The rub ons are the larger heart and some metallic chain - some kids' rub on tattoos I got from a sale bin.
Step 3: "Everything was turning up good today".
Step 4: Our dog was out with us for the day.
Step 5: My three kids also in the photo. (Their initials are R, S, & G - mutti is German for Mummy and my eldest was born in Germany so this is where my blog name comes from - just in case you were wondering!)
Step 6: "Family is like music, some high notes, some low notes, but always a beautiful song." Seemed appropriate as we're all into music, listening, playing and singing.
Step 7: Golden High Flow Acrylic in Phthalo Green and Phthalo Blue.
Step 8: The plane which brought my son home and that he will leave on again :(
Step 9: The fabric is the dry wall tape to add texture.
Step 10: "Every place I go, I'll think of you, Every song I sing I'll sing for you." It's from Leaving on a jet plane but I liked it more that that line.
I finished with some stamping, and gold acrylic on the tape, some splatters and black ink around the edges.

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise for you!

    Great project with so many wonderful details. Thanks for sharing the details of its creation!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing surprise! I love how you documented too. :) Thanks for joining the SDC blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have been so pleased to see your family what a lovely surprise :D Super sentiment on your art work :D Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sneaky kids you have lol...brilliant . Loved seeing your artwork...a great keepsake. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thank you for taking part in the Stampotique Challenge

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! wonderful work!

    thank you for your contribution on the Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    Sternenglanz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to memorialize such a pleasant surprise!
    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone - can't wait to spend more time with my kids this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful page :)
    thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing page!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great surprise! Thanks for playing in the stampotique challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete