Saturday, August 6, 2016

Fabulous Florals - ANZAC Poppies

In New Zealand we commemorate ANZAC Day, 26 April, as the day for remember all our armed forces. This stems back to the Gallipoli landings in 1915 and so we held centennial events last year.
This piece of art was one I completed with my whole class of 10 year olds, with fantastic results.
I still have it displayed in my room as it is one of the first real process pieces that set me on my way to really focusing on art and mixed media.
We started with a painted background, adding texture, and shine if we had the patience to let it dry, using plastic kitchen wrap. We then created patterned and textured papers for the poppies and stems as well at the feature poppy woven with wool.

This is an entry for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.





1 comment:

  1. Fabulous artwork Raewyn! The flowers are lovely and I love how you've added wool to the center.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete