Saturday, July 30, 2016

ICAD 2016

I am very proud of my ICADs for 2016. This is the first time I have taken part in this challenge set by Daisy Yellow Art. As there were 100 cards in the pack, I decided to complete them all. Our school term was going back here in New Zealand, so went for it an had them all finished by 25 July in case I was too busy during the next week.
I have only be working on my personal art for about a year after initially splashing out on a Brother ScanNCut and then a Gelli Plate. Since then I have spent far too much money on pens, paints, paper, Inktense, Gelatos ....... but, this is for me and I am enjoying art and creating.

"Creativity is intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein (I have an image for this which I will insert but it is in a journal at school.)

I have been using this new knowledge and enthusiasm for art to extend the projects I complete with my 10 year old students. I really do believe Albert Einsteins words above and as the kids love art, they forget they are learning at the same time!
My inspiration came from a variety of places (I didn't follow the given prompts at all) - a couple are from other ICADs I saw, some have magazine images or images from the Internet. Many started from random colour, stamping, stenciling, gelli printing or from my own photos. Some incorporated skills or media that allowed them to be included in other challenges or new techniques I was trying out.
So here they are - 100 ICADs - And there was extra for my title card!


























This seemed like a positive quote for the completion of a challenge - but still lots more to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment